The pencil is not a commodity – Economist article on Faber-Castell
It just came to my attention that the March 3rd Economist “Face Value” column had a full-page article on Count Anton Wolfgang von Faber-Castell and the Faber-Castell business. It’s a good read for anyone interested in the pencil business.
A few quick facts:
* F-C annual revenue is $US530M
* The Count owns 88% of the firm
* production is 2 billion pencils/year
* the debt to equity ratio is 50%
* there are sixteen manufacturing plants
* the expected growth market is in drawing as a hobby
On a personal note, happy Easter to those who are celebrating the holiday.
5 comments to The pencil is not a commodity – Economist article on Faber-Castell
Copyright © 2005-2013 pencil talk | pencil reviews and discussion - All Rights Reserved